2244 Eden Drive
Richmond, VA 23220
Sep 4, 2010
Mrs. Denise Rivera
3126 Carolina Avenue
Fort Collins, CO 80525
Dear Mrs. Rivera,
I want to thank you very much for posting your Accounts Payable Manager opening in Saturday’s edition of the Chicago Tribune. I am the best candidate for this position, and my enclosed resume will attest to this.
Briefly, over the past six years, as an Accounts Payable Manager for Ropes & Gray; I have successfully managed accounts for over 100 employees, supervised over 6 accounts payables professionals, and allocated approximate payable revenue of $6 million per year. I am knowledgeable about staff supervision and training as well as developing payment plans for clients and payees. I am thorough, dedicated to financial responsibility, and have a degree in accounting to offer.
Thanks so much for your time and consideration. I would like to meet with you to discuss my background further, and ask that you contact me at (333)-920-5207 to arrange for an interview, as soon as possible.
Accounts Payable Cover Letter
This sample accounts payable cover letter should immediately get the readers' attention and persuade them to give your job application serious consideration.
Make your cover letter relevant to the stated requirements of the accounts payable job opportunity by highlighting those skills and abilities that the employer is looking for.
Demonstrate why you are a good fit for the job and how you can add value to the company.
SAMPLE ACCOUNTS PAYABLE COVER LETTER
Your Contact details (phone and email)
18 Industry Road
New York, NY 10021
Dear Mr Peterson
I was very pleased to learn of your need for an Accounts Payable Clerk on ABC website. I believe the skills and qualities you are looking for are well matched by my experience and background.
Please allow me to demonstrate my capabilities as they relate to your stated job criteria.
- Successful track record of processing over 1000 invoices in a month with high accuracy
- History of implementing and maintaining efficient accounts payable systems and procedures
- Demonstrated ability as a collaborative and proactive solutions seeker
- Strong communication skills for interacting with vendors and employees in a professional manner
- Able to work independently in a well organized manner to balance and prioritize multiple demands
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel and ERP systems
My enclosed resume covers my experience in greater detail. I am confident that my strong work ethic combined with my skills and enthusiasm will add measurable value to your organization. I look forward to meeting with you to discuss the job opportunity further.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Your accounts payable resume is your entry to the job you want. Make sure it gets read by including a persuasive cover letter.
This detailed accounts payable job description will provide a summary of the tasks and responsibilities common to accounts payable positions.
10 Basic Cover Letter Rules
- keep it to one page
- customize your cover letter to each job opportunity
- use an easy-to-read font and format
- address it to an individual by name
- use your company and job research to quickly impress with your relevant details
- demonstrate enthusiasm and energy
- ask for the next step in the hiring process
- maintain a balance between professionalism and friendliness
- thank the reader
- check, re-check and check again for typos
Accounts Payable Cover Letter Pages
Accounts Payable Job Search
Accounts Payable Sample Resume
Get ready for your job interview by preparing for these typical accounts payable interview questions.
Job Interviews > Sample Cover Letters > Accounts Payable
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page